Blackblack (blak),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v., adv.
- lacking hue and brightness;
absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- characterized by absence of light;
enveloped in darkness: a black night.
- (sometimes cap.)
- pertaining or belonging to any of the various populations characterized by dark skin pigmentation, specifically the dark-skinned peoples of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- soiled or stained with dirt: That shirt was black within an hour.
dismal: a black outlook.
inexcusable: a black lie.
- boding ill;
sullen or hostile;
threatening: black words; black looks.
- (of coffee or tea) without milk or cream.
- without any moral quality or goodness;
wicked: His black heart has concocted yet another black deed.
- indicating censure, disgrace, or liability to punishment: a black mark on one's record.
- marked by disaster or misfortune: black areas of drought; Black Friday.
- wearing black or dark clothing or armor: the black prince.
- based on the grotesque, morbid, or unpleasant aspects of life: black comedy; black humor.
- (of a check mark, flag, etc.) done or written in black to indicate, as on a list, that which is undesirable, sub-standard, potentially dangerous, etc.: Pilots put a black flag next to the ten most dangerous airports.
- illegal or underground: The black economy pays no taxes.
- showing a profit;
not showing any losses: the first black quarter in two years.
- deliberately false or intentionally misleading: black propaganda.
- boycotted, as certain goods or products by a trade union.
- (of steel) in the form in which it comes from the rolling mill or forge;
- black or white, completely either one way or another, without any intermediate state.
- the color at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to white, absorbing all light incident upon it. Cf. white (def. 20).
- (sometimes cap.)
- a member of any of various dark-skinned peoples, esp. those of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- black clothing, esp. as a sign of mourning: He wore black at the funeral.
- the dark-colored men or pieces or squares.
- black pigment: lamp black.
- [Slang.]See black beauty.
- a horse or other animal that is entirely black.
- black and white:
- print or writing: I want that agreement in black and white.
- a monochromatic picture done with black and white only.
- a chocolate soda containing vanilla ice cream.
- in the black, operating at a profit or being out of debt (opposed to in the red): New production methods put the company in the black.
- to make black;
put black on;
- to boycott or ban.
- to polish (shoes, boots, etc.) with blacking.
- to become black;
take on a black color;
- black out:
- to lose consciousness: He blacked out at the sight of blood.
- to erase, obliterate, or suppress: News reports were blacked out.
- to forget everything relating to a particular event, person, etc.: When it came to his war experiences he blacked out completely.
- [Theat.]to extinguish all of the stage lights.
- to make or become inoperable: to black out the radio broadcasts from the U.S.
- [Mil.]to obscure by concealing all light in defense against air raids.
- [Radio and Television.]to impose a broadcast blackout on (an area).
- to withdraw or cancel (a special fare, sale, discount, etc.) for a designated period: The special air fare discount will be blacked out by the airlines over the holiday weekend.
- (of coffee or tea) served without milk or cream.
Creamcream (krēm),USA pronunciation n.
- the fatty part of milk, which rises to the surface when the liquid is allowed to stand unless homogenized.
- a soft solid or thick liquid containing medicaments or other specific ingredients, applied externally for a prophylactic, therapeutic, or cosmetic purpose.
- Usually, creams. a soft-centered confection of fondant or fudge coated with chocolate.
- a purée or soup containing cream or milk: cream of tomato soup.
- the best part of anything: the cream of society.
- a yellowish white;
light tint of yellow or buff.
- cream of the crop, the best or choicest: a college that accepts only students who are the cream of the crop.
- to form cream.
- to froth;
- to advance or favor only the wealthiest, most skilled or talented, etc., esp. so as to reap the benefits oneself: Management is creaming by advancing only the most productive workers.
- Also, cream one's jeans. Slang (vulgar).
- to have an orgasm, esp. to ejaculate or experience glandular lubrication of the vagina.
- to be overcome, as in rapturous admiration or delight.
- to work (butter and sugar, or the like) to a smooth, creamy mass.
- to prepare (chicken, oysters, vegetables, etc.) with cream, milk, or a cream sauce.
- to allow (milk) to form cream.
- to skim (milk).
- to separate as cream.
- to take the cream or best part of.
- to use a cosmetic cream on.
- to add cream to (tea, coffee, etc.).
- to beat or damage severely;
- to defeat decisively.
- to accomplish, esp. to pass (a test or course), with great ease and success: She creamed the math test, getting the highest grade in the class.
- of the color cream;
Shoeshoe (sho̅o̅),USA pronunciation n., pl. shoes, (esp. Brit. Dial.) shoon;
v., shod or shoed, shod or shoed or shod•den, shoe•ing.
- an external covering for the human foot, usually of leather and consisting of a more or less stiff or heavy sole and a lighter upper part ending a short distance above, at, or below the ankle.
- an object or part resembling a shoe in form, position, or use.
- a horseshoe or a similar plate for the hoof of some other animal.
- a ferrule or the like, as of iron, for protecting the end of a staff, pole, etc.
- See brake shoe.
- the outer casing of a pneumatic automobile tire.
- a drag or skid for a wheel of a vehicle.
- a part having a larger area than the end of an object on which it fits, serving to disperse or apply its weight or thrust.
- the sliding contact by which an electric car or locomotive takes its current from the third rail.
- a member supporting one end of a truss or girder in a bridge.
- a hard and sharp foot of a pile or caisson for piercing underlying soil.
- a small molding, as a quarter round, closing the angle between a baseboard and a floor.
- the outwardly curved portion at the base of a downspout.
- a piece of iron or stone, sunk into the ground, against which the leaves of a gateway are shut.
- a device on a camera that permits an accessory, as a flashgun, to be attached.
- a band of iron on the bottom of the runner of a sleigh.
- [Cards.]See dealing box.
- a cuplike metal piece for protecting the bottom of a leg.
- a fillet beneath an ornamental foot, as a pad or scroll foot.
- a box into which unusable type is thrown.
- a chute conveying grain to be ground into flour.
- a thickness of planking covering the bottom of the keel of a wooden vessel to protect it against rubbing.
- drop the other shoe, to complete an action or enterprise already begun.
- fill someone's shoes, to take the place and assume the obligations of another person: She felt that no stepmother could ever hope to fill her late mother's shoes.
- in someone's shoes, in a position or situation similar to that of another: I wouldn't like to be in his shoes.
- the shoe is on the other foot, the circumstances are reversed;
a change of places has occurred: Now that we are rich and they are poor the shoe is on the other foot.
- where the shoe pinches, the true cause of the trouble or worry.
- to provide or fit with a shoe or shoes.
- to protect or arm at the point, edge, or face with a ferrule, metal plate, or the like.
Highhigh (hī),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., -er, -est, n.
- having a great or considerable extent or reach upward or vertically;
tall: a high wall.
- having a specified extent upward: The apple tree is now 20 feet high.
- situated above the ground or some base;
elevated: a high platform; a high ledge.
- exceeding the common degree or measure;
intense: high speed; high color.
dear: The price of food these days is much too high.
- exalted in rank, station, eminence, etc.;
of exalted character or quality: a high official; high society.
- acute in pitch.
- a little sharp, or above the desired pitch.
- produced by relatively rapid vibrations;
shrill: the high sounds of crickets.
- extending to or from an elevation: a high dive.
- great in quantity, as number, degree, or force: a high temperature; high cholesterol.
main: the high altar of a church.
- High Church.
- of great consequence;
the high consequences of such a deed;
arrogant: He took a high tone with his subordinates.
- advanced to the utmost extent or to the culmination: high tide.
merry or hilarious: high spirits; a high old time.
luxurious: They have indulged in high living for years.
- intoxicated with alcohol or narcotics: He was so high he couldn't stand up.
- remote: high latitude; high antiquity.
- extreme in opinion or doctrine, esp. religious or political: a high Tory.
- designating or pertaining to highland or inland regions.
- having considerable energy or potential power.
- of, pertaining to, or operating at the gear transmission ratio at which the speed of the engine crankshaft and of the drive shaft most closely correspond: high gear.
- (of a vowel) articulated with the upper surface of the tongue relatively close to some portion of the palate, as the vowels of eat and it, which are high front, and those of boot and put, which are high back. Cf. close (def. 58), low 1 (def. 30).
- (of meat, esp. game) tending toward a desirable or undesirable amount of decomposition;
slightly tainted: He likes his venison high.
- containing a relatively large amount of a specified constituent (usually used in combination): high-carbon steel.
- [Baseball.](of a pitched ball) crossing the plate at a level above the batter's shoulders: The pitch was high and outside.
- having greater value than other denominations or suits.
- able to take a trick;
being a winning card.
- being or having a winning combination: Whose hand is high?
- noting a wind of force 10 on the Beaufort scale, equal to a whole gale.
- high on, enthusiastic or optimistic about;
having a favorable attitude toward or opinion of.
- at or to a high point, place, or level.
- in or to a high rank or estimate: He aims high in his political ambitions.
- at or to a high amount or price.
- in or to a high degree.
extravagantly: They have always lived high.
- as close to the wind as is possible while making headway with sails full.
- fly high, to be full of hope or elation: His stories began to sell, and he was flying high.
- high and dry:
- (of a ship) grounded so as to be entirely above water at low tide.
- in a deprived or distressing situation;
stranded: We missed the last bus and were left high and dry.
- high and low, in every possible place;
everywhere: The missing jewelry was never found, though we searched high and low for it.
- high gear: He shifted into high when the road became level.
- See high school.
- a pressure system characterized by relatively high pressure at its center. Cf. anticyclone, low1 (def. 48).
- a high or the highest point, place, or level;
peak: a record high for unemployment.
- a euphoric state induced by alcohol, drugs, etc.
- a period of sustained excitement, exhilaration, or the like: After winning the lottery he was on a high for weeks.
- [Cards.]the ace or highest trump out, esp. in games of the all fours family.
- on high:
- at or to a height;
- in heaven.
- having a high position, as one who makes important decisions: the powers on high.
Heelheel1 (hēl),USA pronunciation n.
- the back part of the human foot, below and behind the ankle.
- an analogous part in other vertebrates.
- either hind foot or hoof of some animals, as the horse.
- the foot as a whole: He was hung by the heels.
- the part of a stocking, shoe, or the like covering the back part of the wearer's foot.
- a solid, raised base or support of leather, wood, rubber, etc., attached to the sole of a shoe or boot under the back part of the foot.
- heels, high-heeled shoes.
- something resembling the back part of the human foot in position, shape, etc.: a heel of bread.
- the rear of the palm, adjacent to the wrist.
- the latter or concluding part of anything: the heel of a session.
- the lower end of any of various more or less vertical objects, as rafters, spars, or the sternposts of vessels.
- the after end of a keel.
- the inner end of a bowsprit or jib boom.
- the crook in the head of a golf club.
- the exterior angle of an angle iron.
- the end of a frog farthest from a switch.
- [Hort.]the base of any part, as of a cutting or tuber, that is removed from a plant for use in the propagation of that plant.
- at one's heels, close behind one: The police are at his heels.Also, at heel.
- cool one's heels, to be kept waiting, esp. because of deliberate discourtesy: The producer let the actors who were waiting to be auditioned cool their heels in the outer office.
- down at the heels, having a shabby, slipshod, or slovenly appearance. Also, down at heel, down at the heel, out at heels, out at the heels.
- his heels, [Cribbage.]a jack turned up as a starter, counting two points for the dealer.
- kick up one's heels, to have a vigorously entertaining time;
frolic: Grandfather could still kick up his heels now and then.
- lay by the heels:
- to arrest and imprison.
- to prevail over;
render ineffectual: Superior forces laid the invaders by the heels.
- on or upon the heels of, closely following;
in quick succession of: On the heels of the hurricane came an outbreak of looting.
- show a clean pair of heels, to leave one's pursuers or competitors behind;
outrun: The thief showed his victim a clean pair of heels.Also, show one's heels to.
- take to one's heels, to run away;
take flight: The thief took to his heels as soon as he saw the police.
- to heel:
- close behind: The dog followed the hunter to heel.
- under control or subjugation: The attackers were brought swiftly to heel.
- to follow at the heels of;
- to furnish with heels, as shoes.
- to perform (a dance) with the heels.
- [Golf.]to strike (the ball) with the heel of the club.
- to arm (a gamecock) with spurs.
- (of a dog) to follow at one's heels on command.
- to use the heels, as in dancing.
- heel in, to cover temporarily (the roots and most of the stem of a plant) with soil prior to permanent planting.
Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Redred1 (red),USA pronunciation n. adj., red•der, red•dest.
- any of various colors resembling the color of blood;
the primary color at one extreme end of the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 610 and 780 nm.
- something red.
- (often cap.) a radical leftist in politics, esp. a communist.
- See red light (def. 1).
- red wine: a glass of red.
- Also called red devil, red bird. [Slang.]a capsule of the drug secobarbital, usually red in color.
- in the red, operating at a loss or being in debt (opposed to in the black): The newspaper strike put many businesses in the red.
- paint the town red. See paint (def. 16).
- see red, to become very angry;
become enraged: Snobs make her see red.
- of the color red.
- having distinctive areas or markings of red: a red robin.
- of or indicating a state of financial loss or indebtedness: the red column in the ledger.
- radically left politically.
- (often cap.) communist.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of North American Indian peoples: no longer in technical use.
Howdy there, this picture is about Black & Cream Shoe / High Heel / Stiletto Chair With Red Sole ( Heel Chair #1). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 694 x 777. This photo's file size is just 31 KB. If You ought to save This picture to Your laptop, you could Click here. You might also download more photos by clicking the following picture or read more at this post: Heel Chair.
You are the type of who are usually chaotic and rarely spend some time at home? Do not make it as being an obstacle to have crops in the home. But, obviously, you've to buy the right seed since it is powerful in terms of selecting a Heel Chair. In case you are among those who fairly chaotic, greater usage of exotic flowers for maintenance is relatively easy.
Cactus, like, merely needs a tiny water inside their attention and that means you do not need attention that is an excessive amount of to it. Typically, cacti are sold in styles that were modest to help you choose a small pan anyway. Pick a shade pan that matches one's home's general style style.
Additional herbs that you could select are Sansevieria. you should choose a distinct box due to the dimension that's Sansevieria that is bigger, although treatment is similar to a cactus. Whichever container you decide on, attempt to make sure that it's a drainage opening in the bottom. Container installing locations become dull and wet, initiating the onset of root rot can be led by stagnant water in a pan. If possible, please also select Black & Cream Shoe / High Heel / Stiletto Chair With Red Sole ( Heel Chair #1) that have feet for clean discharge.