Flyfly1 (flī),USA pronunciation v., flew or, for 11, 19, flied, flown, fly•ing, n., pl. flies.
- to move through the air using wings.
- to be carried through the air by the wind or any other force or agency: bits of paper flying about.
- to float or flutter in the air: flags flying in the breeze.
- to travel in an aircraft or spacecraft.
- to move suddenly and quickly;
start unexpectedly: He flew from the room.
- to change rapidly and unexpectedly from one state or position to another: The door flew open.
- to flee;
- to travel in space: The probe will fly past the planet.
- to move or pass swiftly: How time flies!
- to move with an aggressive surge: A mother fox will fly at anyone approaching her kits.
- to bat a fly ball: He flied into right field.
- to fly out.
- [Informal.]to be acceptable, believable, or feasible: It seemed like a good idea, but it just wouldn't fly.
- to make (something) float or move through the air: to fly a kite.
- to operate (an aircraft, spacecraft, or the like).
- to hoist aloft, as for display, signaling, etc.: to fly a flag.
- to operate an aircraft or spacecraft over: to fly the Pacific.
- to transport or convey by air: We fly merchandise to Boston.
- to escape from;
flee: to fly someone's wrath.
- to hang (scenery) above a stage by means of rigging supported by the gridiron.
- to raise (scenery) from the stage or acting area into the flies.
- fly blind. See blind (def. 33).
- fly in the face of, to act in defiance of (authority, custom, etc.). Also, fly in the teeth of.
- fly off the handle. See handle (def. 8).
- fly out, [Baseball, Softball.]to be put out by hitting a fly ball that is caught by a player of the opposing team.
- go fly a kite, [Slang.]
- to put up with or get used to matters as they stand.
- to confine oneself to one's own affairs.
- to cease being a nuisance: If she gets mad enough she'll tell me to go fly a kite.
- let fly:
- to hurl or propel (a weapon, missile, etc.).
- to give free rein to an emotion: She let fly with a barrage of angry words.
- a strip of material sewn along one edge of a garment opening for concealing buttons, zippers, or other fasteners.
- a flap forming the door of a tent.
- Also called tent fly. a piece of canvas extending over the ridgepole of a tent and forming an outer roof.
- an act of flying;
- the course of a flying object, as a ball.
- [Baseball.]See fly ball.
- [Brit.]a light, covered, public carriage drawn by one horse;
- [Mach.]a horizontal arm, weighted at each end, that pivots about the screw of a press so that when the screw is lowered the momentum of the fly will increase the force of the press.
- Also called fan. [Horol.]a regulating device for chime and striking mechanisms, consisting of an arrangement of vanes on a revolving axis.
- (in some presses) the apparatus for removing the printed sheets to the delivery table.
- Also called flyboy. (formerly) a printer's devil employed to remove printed sheets from a press.
- (on a flag)
- the horizontal dimension of a flag as flown from a vertical staff.
- the end of the flag farther from the staff. Cf. hoist (def. 8).
- flies. Also called fly loft. [Theat.]the space above the stage used chiefly for storing scenery and equipment.
- [Naut.]a propellerlike device streamed to rotate and transfer information on speed to a mechanical log.
- on the fly:
- during flight;
before falling to the ground: to catch a baseball on the fly.
without pausing: We had dinner on the fly.
Tyingty•ing (tī′ing),USA pronunciation v.
- present participle of tie.
Deskdesk (desk),USA pronunciation n.
- an article of furniture having a broad, usually level, writing surface, as well as drawers or compartments for papers, writing materials, etc.
- a frame for supporting a book from which the service is read in a church.
- a pulpit.
- the section of a large organization, as a governmental bureau or newspaper, having authority over and responsibility for particular operations within the organization: city desk; foreign desk.
- a table or counter, as in a library or office, at which a specific job is performed or a service offered: an information desk; reception desk.
- a stand used to support sheet music;
- (in an orchestra) a seat or position assigned by rank (usually used in combination): a first-desk flutist.
- of or pertaining to a writing desk: a desk drawer.
- of a size or form suitable for use on a desk: desk dictionary.
- done at or based on a desk, as in an office or schoolroom: He used to be a traveling salesman, but now he has a desk job.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Pullpull (pŏŏl),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to draw or haul toward oneself or itself, in a particular direction, or into a particular position: to pull a sled up a hill.
- to draw or tug at with force.
- to rend or tear: to pull a cloth to pieces.
- to draw or pluck away from a place of growth, attachment, etc.: to pull a tooth; to pull weeds.
- to strip of feathers, hair, etc., as a bird or hide.
- to draw out (as a knife or gun) for ready use (usually fol. by on): Do you know what to do when someone pulls a knife on you?
- to perform successfully (often fol. by off): They pulled a spectacular coup.
- to carry out (esp. something deceitful or illegal): Police believe the men pulled all three robberies. What kind of trick did she pull this time?
- to put on or affect: He pulled a long face when I reprimanded him.
- to withdraw or remove: to pull an ineffective pitcher.
- to attract or win: to pull many votes in the industrial areas.
- to bring (a horse) to a stand by pulling on the reins.
- to take (an impression or proof ) from type, a cut or plate, etc.: to pull a print.
- to be provided with or rowed with (a certain number of oars): This boat pulls 12 oars.
- to propel by rowing, as a boat.
- to strain (a muscle, ligament, or tendon).
- to be assigned (a specific task or duty): I pulled guard duty our first night in port.
- to hold in or check (a racehorse), esp. so as to prevent from winning.
- to hit (a ball) so that it travels in a direction opposite to the side from which it was struck, as when a right-handed batter hits into left field.
- to exert a drawing, tugging, or hauling force (often fol. by at).
- to inhale through a pipe, cigarette, etc.
- to become or come as specified, by being pulled: This rope will pull.
- to row.
- to proceed by rowing.
- (of an advertisement)
- to have effectiveness, as specified: The ad pulled badly.
- to be effective: That spot announcement really pulled!
- pull apart, to analyze critically, esp. to point out errors: The professor proceeded to pull the student's paper apart.
- pull away:
- to move or draw back or away;
- to free oneself with force: He tried to pull away from his opponent's powerful grip.
- to move or start to move ahead: The car pulled away into traffic.The faster runners began to pull away from the others.
- pull down:
- to draw downward: to pull a shade down.
- to demolish;
- to lower;
- to receive as a salary;
earn: It wasn't long before he was pulling down more than fifty thousand a year.
- pull for, to support actively;
encourage: They were pulling for the Republican candidate.
- pull in:
- to reach a place;
arrive: The train pulled in early.
- to tighten;
curb: to pull in the reins.
- to arrest (someone): The police pulled her in for questioning.
- pull off, [Informal.]to perform successfully, esp. something requiring courage, daring, or shrewdness: We'll be rich if we can pull the deal off.
- pull oneself together, to recover one's self-control;
regain command of one's emotions: It was only a minor accident, but the driver couldn't seem to pull himself together.
- pull out:
- to leave;
depart: The ship pulled out of the harbor.
- to abandon abruptly: to pull out of an agreement.
- pull over, to direct one's automobile or other vehicle to the curb;
move out of a line of traffic: The police officer told the driver to pull over.
- pull someone's leg, See leg (def. 21).
- pull the plug. See plug (def. 20).
- pull through, to come safely through (a crisis, illness, etc.);
survive: The patient eventually pulled through after having had a close brush with death.
- pull up:
- to bring or come to a halt.
- to bring or draw closer.
- to root up;
pull out: She pulled up all the crab grass in the lawn.
- the act of pulling or drawing.
- force used in pulling;
- a drawing in of smoke or a liquid through the mouth: He took a long, thoughtful pull on his pipe; I took a pull from the scout's canteen.
- influence, as with persons able to grant favors.
- a part or thing to be pulled;
a handle or the like: to replace the pulls on a chest of drawers.
- a spell, or turn, at rowing.
- a stroke of an oar.
- [Informal.]a pulled muscle: He missed a week's work with a groin pull.
- a pulling of the ball, as in baseball or golf.
- the ability to attract;
- an advantage over another or others.
Outout (out),USA pronunciation adv.
- away from, or not in, the normal or usual place, position, state, etc.: out of alphabetical order; to go out to dinner.
- away from one's home, country, work, etc., as specified: to go out of town.
- in or into the outdoors: to go out for a walk.
- to a state of exhaustion, extinction, or depletion: to pump a well out.
- to the end or conclusion;
to a final decision or resolution: to say it all out.
- to a point or state of extinction, nonexistence, etc.: to blow out the candle; a practice on the way out.
- in or into a state of neglect, disuse, etc.;
not in current vogue or fashion: That style has gone out.
- so as not to be in the normal or proper position or state;
out of joint: His back went out after his fall.
- in or into public notice or knowledge: The truth is out at last.
- seeking openly and energetically to do or have: to be out for a good time.
- not in present possession or use, as on loan: The librarian said that the book was still out.
- on strike: The miners go out at midnight.
- so as to project or extend: to stretch out; stick your tongue out.
- in or into activity, existence, or outward manifestation: A rash came out on her arm.
- from a specified source or material: made out of scraps.
- from a state of composure, satisfaction, or harmony: to be put out over trifles.
- in or into a state of confusion, vexation, dispute, variance, or unfriendliness: to fall out about trifles.
- so as to deprive or be deprived: to be cheated out of one's money.
- so as to use the last part of: to run out of gas.
- from a number, stock, or store: to point out the errors.
- aloud or loudly: to cry out.
- with completeness or effectiveness: to fill out.
entirely: The children tired me out.
- so as to obliterate or make undecipherable: to cross out a misspelling; to ink out.
- all out, with maximum effort;
thoroughly or wholeheartedly: They went all out to finish by Friday.
- out and away, to a surpassing extent;
far and away;
by far: It was out and away the best apple pie she had ever eaten.
- out for, aggressively determined to acquire, achieve, etc.: He's out for all the money he can get.
- out from under, out of a difficult situation, esp. of debts or other obligations: The work piled up while I was away and I don't know how I'll ever get out from under.
- out of:
- not within: out of the house.
- beyond the reach of: The boat's passengers had sailed out of hearing.
- not in a condition of: out of danger.
- so as to deprive or be deprived of.
- from within or among: Take the jokers out of the pack.
- because of;
owing to: out of loyalty.
- foaled by (a dam): Grey Dancer out of Lady Grey.
- out of it, [Informal.]
- not part of or acceptable within an activity, social group, or fashion: She felt out of it because none of her friends were at the party.
- not conscious;
drunk or heavily drugged.
- not alert or clearheaded;
- eliminated from contention: If our team loses two more games, we'll be out of it.
- out of sight. See sight (def. 19).
- out of trim, (of a ship) drawing excessively at the bow or stern.
- not at one's home or place of employment;
absent: I stopped by to visit you last night, but you were out.
- not open to consideration;
out of the question: I wanted to go by plane, but all the flights are booked, so that's out.
without: We had some but now we're out.
- removed from or not in effective operation, play, a turn at bat, or the like, as in a game: He's out for the season because of an injury.
- no longer having or holding a job, public office, etc.;
disengaged (usually fol. by of ): to be out of work.
extinguished: The elevator is out. Are the lights out?
ended: before the week is out.
- not currently stylish, fashionable, or in vogue: Fitted waistlines are out this season.
senseless: Two drinks and he's usually out.
- not in power, authority, or the like: a member of the out party.
- (of a batter) not succeeding in getting on base: He was out at first on an attempted bunt.
- (of a base runner) not successful in an attempt to advance a base or bases: He was out in attempting to steal second base.
- beyond fixed or regular limits;
out of bounds: The ball was out.
- having a pecuniary loss or expense to an indicated extent: The company will be out millions of dollars if the new factory doesn't open on schedule.
- incorrect or inaccurate: His calculations are out.
- not in practice;
unskillful from lack of practice: Your bow hand is out.
- beyond the usual range, size, weight, etc. (often used in combination): an outsize bed.
made bare, as by holes in one's clothing: out at the knees.
- at variance;
unfriendly: They are out with each other.
- moving or directed outward;
outgoing: the out train.
- not available, plentiful, etc.: Mums are out till next fall.
- located at a distance;
outlying: We sailed to six of the out islands.
- [Cricket.]not having its innings: the out side.
- of or pertaining to the playing of the first nine holes of an 18-hole golf course (opposed to in): His out score on the second round was 33.
- (used to indicate movement or direction from the inside to the outside of something): He looked out the window. She ran out the door.
- (used to indicate location): The car is parked out back.
- (used to indicate movement away from a central point): Let's drive out the old parkway.
- begone! away!
- (used in radio communications to signify that the sender has finished the message and is not expecting or prepared to receive a reply.) Cf. over (def. 61).
- [Archaic.](an exclamation of abhorrence, indignation, reproach, or grief (usually fol. by upon): Out upon you!
- a means of escape or excuse, as from a place, punishment, retribution, responsibility, etc.: He always left himself an out.
- a person who lacks status, power, or authority, esp. in relation to a particular group or situation.
- Usually, outs. persons not in office or political power (distinguished from ins).
- [Baseball.]a put-out.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that does not land within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to in).
- something that is out, as a projecting corner.
- the omission of a word or words.
- the word or words omitted.
- [Northern Brit. Dial.]an outing.
- be on the or at outs with, to be estranged from (another person);
be unfriendly or on bad terms with: He is on the outs with his brother.
- to go or come out.
- to become public, evident, known, etc.: The truth will out.
- to make known;
utter (fol. by with): Out with the truth!
- to eject or expel;
- to intentionally expose (a secret homosexual, esp. a public figure).
Howdy peoples, this post is about Fly Tying Desk With Pull Out Table. ( Fly Tying Desks By Charles #3). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 670 x 503. It's file size is just 54 KB. Wether You ought to download This blog post to Your PC, you may Click here. You may too download more pictures by clicking the following image or see more at this article: Fly Tying Desks By Charles.
Are you currently searching for the Fly Tying Desk With Pull Out Table. ( Fly Tying Desks By Charles #3)? You should think about regarding the decor of the family room along with issue about furniture measures if you prefer to truly have a living-room that's interesting and wonderful. You might also need to take into consideration around the equilibrium of the existing room, if you decide to have a decor to your living room.
Decorating suggestions living room wall that you could have to your existing room is picture, if you'd like with an sophisticated search of one's family area. There are lots of gorgeous wallpaper patterns that you could choose to adorn your existing room wall decor to utilize this kind, you should think about one's living room's harmony.
You need to use this picture in only an entire wall in your livingroom, in case your living room is saturated in furniture. Picture definitely planning to decorate your livingroom though it is only used by you within the wall.
In addition to picture, there is lots of Fly Tying Desks By Charles that is additional that one may decide for your living room. For example, when you have a living room that is small, it is possible to fit a reflection to the wall with a unique condition. Furthermore, it offers a broader view, your living room will be surely decorated by the mirror. Art, artwork, etc can be also used by you.
That you don't need to get them in outlets, if you prefer to decorate your walls. To save lots of your cash, you can also utilize a wall design with make your personal, for example, wallhangings of report. There are many things that you can opt for your livingroom wall so the interior place look more stunning. Should you not want to spend a lot of money, the living room to create their particular craft can be decorated by you.
You need to be for making the most effective decor for the family area wall, innovative. It is as the surfaces were simple in regards to the majority of decorating living spaces tend to be monotonous. Because a clear wall cleaner aan get that promotion about the guest room.
Fly Tying Desk With Pull Out Table. ( Fly Tying Desks By Charles #3) may display guidelines and a few ideas that you can utilize to make wall hangings living-room to generate it look unique and contemporary. You have to prepare your surfaces a radical cleanup before doing wonderful action. Washing the surfaces will help to seethe family area wall hangings appear views that are more clean and comfy.